May 7, 2019
Dear Canaan Parents/Guardians:
This has been a great school year but it’s racing by quickly. We are excited about all the things they will learn in the next few weeks of school. The calendar for the remainder of the year is filling up. Here are some of the things already scheduled:
- Teacher Appreciation Week: May 6-10
- The dental hygienist will be doing six month check-ups this week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Wednesday, May 15th is an early release day; students will be served lunch and then dismissed at 11:45 a.m. The busses will load around noon.
- 6th grade visiting KVCC on Friday, May 17 from 8:40 a.m.-11:30 p.m.
- Mr. Christopher will be taking his classes to T&B’s Bowling Lanes on May 20-22
- PTF meeting on May 23 at 3 p.m.
- Family Dance and BBQ on Friday, May 31 sponsored by PTF (more information will be coming home)
- All library books are due back by Monday, June 3
- Prize speaking final on June 5 at 6 p.m.
- W.I.L.D. Zoo presentations on Friday, June 7
- 6th grade graduation on Monday, June 10
- Kindergarten graduation in the gym at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11
- 6th grade trip to Bar Harbor on Tuesday, June 11
- Field Day activities all afternoon on Wednesday, June 12th.
- The last day of school will be Friday, June 14th (Early Release Day) with a 11:45 a.m. dismissal.
More events will be added as we move toward the end of the year. We would like to encourage all of you to attend as many school functions as you can. Contact your child’s teachers to see if you can help in anyway, they would be most grateful. If you have any questions call your child’s teacher or me.
I urge all parents to insist that their children wear a helmet while riding their bike. Bike helmets do save lives and it is a State Law. Please help us prevent any needless tragedy, thank you.
Please feel free to call or stop in with any questions or problems. Thanks for your continued support.